Let the detox begin! If you’ve had one too many holiday cookies and want to get back on track, this salad is the way to go – loaded with antioxidants, probiotics, and fiber, it will get you back on track for the New Year!
New Year’s Eve Confetti Detox Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette from 40-Year-Old Vegan
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ¼ c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T. maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼. t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together and set aside.
New Year’s Eve Confetti Detox Salad
- 1 c. cooked black rice (cooked according to package directions)
- ½ c. tempeh, diced small, preferred brand LightLife
- ½ carrot, diced small
- ¼ c. purple cabbage, diced small
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- ¼ c. minced cilantro
- 1/4 c. yellow pepper, diced small
- ¼ c. cucumber, diced small
- ½ c. pomegranate arils
- 4 c. arugula
Mix all salad ingredients except arugula with as much vinaigrette as you like (you will have some left over). Divide arugula among four plates and top with the rice mixture. Enjoy!