This traditional Syrian spread has been made oil-free with a simple ingredient switch – it’s so delicious you’ll want to put it on everything from bread to veggies to tofu!
Pulse the following ingredients in a food processor until you achieve a textured consistency:
- 1 16-oz jar roasted peppers (packed in water, not oil)
- ½ c. walnuts, toasted lightly in a non-stick pan
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. pomegranate molasses
- ½ t. cumin
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
- ½ t. salt
- 1/8 t. fresh ground black pepper
- flax meal
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 T. toasted panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
Toppings: chopped flat leaf parsley and additional toasted walnuts. Serve with fresh vegetables or pita bread.